Code in Kotlin & Java for Android and Complete 5 iPhone Apps. With the help of this course you can Includes FREE book and 6 webinars! Learn Kotlin & Swift from scratch: the clear, powerful languages for app development..
This course was created by Mammoth Interactive & John Bura. It was rated 4.3 out of 5 by approx 1162 ratings. There are approx 45152 users enrolled with this course, so don’t wait to download yours now. This course also includes 39 hours on-demand video, 24 Articles, 20 Supplemental Resources, Full lifetime access, Access on mobile and TV & Certificate of Completion.
What Will You Learn?
Navigate Xcode 9’s interface.
Code in Apple’s programming language Swift 4.0.
Build apps for the iPhone from start to finish.
Make the code AND art for projects from scratch.
Code in Kotlin.
Recognize the differences between coding in Java and Kotlin.
Differentiate between variable types.
Write control flow statements and expressions.
Implement functions in Kotlin.
Use classes, objects and other structures available in Kotlin.
This course was funded by a wildly successful Kickstarter
Learn the Kotlin programming language while comparing it to Java. Learn to code in Swift by building apps.
A Complete Coding Course for Android and iOS App Development
- Learn the basics of the up-and-coming development language Kotlin in Android Studio.
- Make iOS apps from scratch.
- Get a free eBook and 6 webinars as a bonus gift.
Write concise and powerful code.
Kotlin is an innovative programming language for app development. You don’t have to use Java to make Android apps anymore! Kotlin is awesome because it is compatible with existing Java-based technologies.
Throughout the course, we will compare Kotlin and Java. Java is a popular programming language that many developers use to create content for the Web. Kotlin is a lot more syntactically flexible than Java.
This allows you to have more fine control over how you write code to accomplish the tasks you want. You can insert an aspect of personality into code and write it how you want it to be read. It’s easy to incorporate Kotlin into existing projects and applications.
Build full apps in Apple’s official development toolkit.
Xcode is Apple’s FREE software for app development. Xcode is user-friendly and allows you to make complex and creative apps. At the same time, it is accessible for beginners who want to make simple apps. Swift 4.0 is the programming language to learn if you want to make apps for Apple products.
Anyone can make an app.
No experience is necessary to take this course. Even if you’ve never coded before, you can join us. One of the best features is that you can watch the tutorials at any speed you want. This means you can speed up or slow down the video if you want to.
This course is project-based – you follow along with your instructor to build real projects. The best way for you to learn how to make your own app is to follow project-based training content. By enrolling, you learn practical, employable skills immediately. You can put the apps you make in this course in your portfolio!
A hands-on approach.
In Mammoth Interactive courses, you learn by doing: You createprojects alongside your instructor. All source code for projects we make is included in this course.
Our experienced instructors know how to explain topics clearly at a logical pace. We don’t just teach you theory – we make projects you can put directly into your portfolio.
Check out our huge catalog of courses for more content.
Included in this course is material for beginners to get comfortable with the interfaces. Please note that we reuse this content in similar courses because it is introductory material. You can find some material in this course in the following related courses:
- Xamarin Start to Finish Android & iOS Apps (& Learn to Code)
- Finish 26 Games & Apps Quickly (GameMaker: Studio & Xcode)
- iOS 11 & Swift 4.0 – A Beginner’s Guide with Projects
- The Ultimate iOS 11 & Swift 4 Course. Learn to Build Apps!
- C# Unity and Swift 4 Masterclass: Make Games and Apps
- Swift 4 and ELM Masterclass | Make iOS 11 apps and web apps!
- Learn UI Mobile App Design & Game Mechanics in Construct 2
- Ultimate Coding Course for Web App and Android Development
- Complete Unreal & Android Development: Build Games & Code
- Make 34 Games in Unity® & Code for Android Development
- A Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide to Coding in Kotlin
- SpriteKit & Kotlin: The Complete Developer’s Guide
- The Complete Android Kotlin & Angular 2 Developer Course
An in-depth look at a cutting-edge language.
Kotlin is the brand-new programming language for Android app development that is taking Java by storm. Part 1 of this course is devoted to Kotlin’s language basics and comparing the syntax to Java.
We target beginners and cover core topics in depth. If you’re an intermediate or advanced coder, you can watch the videos at a faster speed using the Speed tool. We encourage you to follow along with the coding as we show you Kotlin’s unique syntax.
Learn everything you need to know in our holistic curriculum.
1. The major concepts involved with variables, basic types of variables, more advanced types, Kotlin’s new syntax for variables, and how we can use variables differently in Kotlin than you may have already seen in other programming languages.
2. Collection types, which Kotlin allows us to customize. We’ll begin by looking at the simple collection types and then look at more advanced ones.
3. Control flow. Kotlin has some new statements not found in Java. Kotlin also provides the brand-new ability to turn control flow statements into expressions, which is a powerful capability that has a lot of potential. We will look at the basics and syntax, always relating back to real-life examples.
4. Functions, which have significant syntax differences in Kotlin. Beginners will learn how to use functions, and more advanced developers will benefit from the introduction to Kotlin’s new syntax.
5. Classes, objects, and other structures available in Kotlin.
See what other students think.
- “An easily understood course, with detailed instruction and good explanation of the concepts involved in making this clone game. A very well done tutorial, especially fro someone like me is just now learning how to write code.”
– Jgrove1975 on Build and model a Super MARLO runner clone in Unity®
- “I really like the approach the presenter takes – not just the technical details, but also the very human, personal development information and recommendations he provides.”
– Michael on The Ultimate iOS 11 Course
- “The instructor is very good at teaching. He teaches at a great pace and covers anything a beginner would need to understand (every little detail). I am already learning a lot and I just started yesterday.
– Mike on Build 30 Mini Virtual Reality Games in Unity® from Scratch
You get full lifetime access to this course for a single fee.
Your purchase includes the top-selling 716-page Mammoth Interactive book “The Ultimate iOS 10, Xcode 8 Developer Book. Build 30 apps.”
You also get 6 webinars recorded by Mammoth Interactive (normally $64):
- Google Maps and Xcode: Build a Maps-Focused Project,
- Intro to Kotlin: Java’s Replacement for Android App Development,
- Intro to Android Studio and Java,
- Core Data: Learn to Use Xcode’s Database,
- Parse JSON Data: Build a Weather App,
- and Intro to SpriteKit Games: Build a Simple Pong Clone.
Enroll now to learn a skill that you need to get ahead of the game